Deer Canyon PTA is run by volunteers! We hope you can find a way to support by donating your time and talents.
As we prepare for the 2021-2022 school year and the hope for volunteers to be on-campus, we encourage you to review your volunteer status with the front office by making sure your paperwork is up to date.
Each month the PTA Historian captures all the volunteer hours. Please remember to submit your volunteer hours on the DC Volunteer Hours Google Form!
Poway School District Requirements for Volunteering
You can learn about PUSD Volunteer Information.
When You Come To Volunteer Please Sign In & Out: All volunteers at each of our school sites are required to sign in at the office and put on a name tag. You must do this each day you volunteer. This helps us identify people on our campus and helps keep our kids safe. Thank you for remembering to do this!
1. Tuberculosis (TB) Testing: Proof of TB clearance is mandated for volunteers working in public schools. Please submit written TB clearance signed by your health care provider to your school site. Updated TB clearance is needed every 4 years.
Due to new regulations from both the state and county, PUSD nurses will no longer be providing TB clearance. If you are due for your screening (once every four years), we are hoping this advance notification will give you ample time over the summer to comply, before the start of the new school year.
The law requires that TB clearance be completed by a licensed health care provider. The provider will determine if risk factors exist and provide a TB test, if needed.
Here are a few nearby resources where you can obtain TB clearance. There may be a fee or co-pay involved at some locations:
- Your primary health care provider
- CVS Minute Clinic, 16773 Bernardo Center Dr., Rancho Bernardo, CA 92128 or,
- CVS Minute Clinic, 12358 Poway Rd., Poway, CA 92064
- Walgreen Clinic, 13390 Poway Rd., Poway, CA 92064
- Neighborhood Health Clinic, 460 N. Elm St., Escondido, CA 92025, 760-520-8100, Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 1:00-4:00, Wednesday: 2:30-4:00
- Public Health Center, 649 West Mission Ave, Suite 2, Escondido, CA 92025, 619-692-5565
2. Megan’s Law Background Check: Each volunteer must have a current Megan’s Law Background Check on file with the specific school site office. Volunteers need only fill out one Megan’s Law form with the schools listed. Volunteers only need to fill out the Megan’s Law form and be cleared once. You do not need to fill out a new form for each school year. If you have volunteered at another school in PUSD, and wish to make a school site change — please notify the office and fill out the Transfer Request for Megan’s Law. Click here to download the Megan’s Law Background Check form.
3. Volunteer Code of Conduct: Volunteers must have a Volunteer Code of Conduct form on file at each site they volunteer at. Click here to download the form.
If you plan to drive on a field trip: You will need to fill out this form: Private Vehicle Transportation for Student’s off-site Student Experience.